For Cats With Ibd Or Lymphoma...what Prednisolone Dosage To Stop Vomiting....

kittybella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty, Sweetie, has either IBD or cancer :( The problem is that I haven't been able to get her vomiting under control unless she is on Cerenia and even then a full tablet has to be given daily. She started out on 2.5mg of prednisolone for a week ( did nothing ) , then upped her dose to 5mg a day ( appetite came back big time, seems a bit perkier ). The problem is the vomiting :( I should mention we also started her on Sucralfate because she had blood with blood clots in her vomit :( Luckily, it was only the one time!

At this point, I think my vet is leaning towards cancer. He feels that with everything she is taking, that the vomiting should have let up by now. However, from doing some research online , I've come across some people who have had to put their kitty on an even higher dose than 7.5 to get everything under control, so I'm wondering if that possibility still exists here.

I know it's a long shot at this point, but I'm still hoping Sweetie does not have cancer. She is almost 18 so I guess the odds are not in her favor :(

I just started the new 7.5mg dosage last night...1x a day. Please, if anybody has had success with an even higher dose, let me know.

Thank you in advance :)