For An Absent Friend

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is for someone I found out about yesterday. If he's listening from up there at the Bridge, this is for you. I wish you would have called me before you ascended. May you rest ever in Perfect Love. And I pray your beloved ones are, and will always be, safe, comfortable, well cared for, and loved.
I shared this song with you once. Now I give it to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I couldn't watch the video because I am already crying after reading your post. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hugs: You are a good person and the kind of friend everyone should have.
I'm so sorry, nurseangel nurseangel . Making people cry is not my intent. I just don't have any other way to really contact this person and this is something I do when I lose someone, is post online. This person believed in a telepathic connection between us. So I just wanted to let him know I know, and I care.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize. I didn't mean my answer to come across that way. Your post was very touching and it brought me to tears. It's a blessing that the two of you had such a special bond.
No apology necessary! *It's complicated* and I wish he could have known. I hope he does now.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry that your friend passed. RIP Dear Friend. Gone but never forgotten! ❤ I pray this person's family and friends, including yourself can find peace at this time.

Thank you for sharing that lovely song/video. Long after we are gone our legacy will stand. It is our gift to those left behind. 🙂

images (1).jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I never heard this Bob Marley and the Wailers song before. The song perfectly illustrates what I mentioned above. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
It's Bro. Bunny's song that they re-recorded for the "BURNIN'" LP. One of my favorites. Bro. Bunny was always the extremely spiritual one; they all were, but where Bro. Peter was the firebrand and Bro. Bob was the social one, Bro. Peter retired to the high country to grow food for his people and though he continued to make music, I don't believe he ever left Jamaica again. You may know that his wife of many decades, Sr. Jean, disappeared a couple of years ago and as far as I know, has never been found. She did suffer from dementia, but there was a lot of concern cast on Bro. Bunny's manager because of the disappearance, whether founded or not, IDK.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good song. I just looked up Bunny Wailer and it said he passed away this past March from complications from a stroke he previously had. RIP Bunny

I wouldn't be surprised if he is the one who wrote "Redemption Songs". Love that song. Never fails to being tears to my eyes.

Well, I am on the site for a very short time and then I got to run. Happy New Year!!! Have a good one. 🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good song. I just looked up Bunny Wailer and it said he passed away this past March from complications from a stroke he previously had. RIP Bunny

I wouldn't be surprised if he is the one who wrote "Redemption Songs". Love that song. Never fails to being tears to my eyes.

Well, I am on the site for a very short time and then I got to run. Happy New Year!!! Have a good one. 🙂
"Redemption Song" was 100% Bob Marley. Straight from the heart. It's who he really was. Have you seen the video of him lying on the couch in his hotel room playing it on his acoustic after his stroke and just before his final concert? The bravest man I have ever seen.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
"Redemption Song" was 100% Bob Marley. Straight from the heart. It's who he really was. Have you seen the video of him lying on the couch in his hotel room playing it on his acoustic after his stroke and just before his final concert? The bravest man I have ever seen.
No. I didn't see that. Bob Marley had a lot of soul and a lot of heart. No doubt he was very brave as well. It is a shame we lost him too soon. There will never be another Bob Marley. 😢

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I didn't see that. Bob Marley had a lot of soul and a lot of heart. No doubt he was very brave as well. It is a shame we lost him too soon. There will never be another Bob Marley. 😢
Respectfully disagree. There was, is, and will only ever be ONE Bob Marley. After he had that stroke, he got up on stage and played his final gig. He knew he was not going to make it but he did this anyway. I organized the reggae archives of Roger Steffens, a dear friend and one of Bob's greatest fans and biographers. And I worked for Island, after he passed.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I couldn't watch the video because I am already crying after reading your post. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hugs: You are a good person and the kind of friend everyone should have.
This is for someone I found out about yesterday. If he's listening from up there at the Bridge, this is for you. I wish you would have called me before you ascended. May you rest ever in Perfect Love. And I pray your beloved ones are, and will always be, safe, comfortable, well cared for, and loved.
I shared this song with you once. Now I give it to you.
I’m so sorry for your loss tara. ❤💔❤

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, nurseangel nurseangel . Making people cry is not my intent. I just don't have any other way to really contact this person and this is something I do when I lose someone, is post online. This person believed in a telepathic connection between us. So I just wanted to let him know I know, and I care.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You can just talk to him as you ordinarily would and he will hear you. He is closer to you than you know.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This song was written as tribute to Nick Drake, one of my favorite artists of all time. I discovered him when I worked for his record label. I had never heard of him before that, but he will always be beloved of me, as will the one I post this for and about.