For a friend in UP, Michigan - Need a cat-sitter for a special-needs cat on Saturday

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this is the right place but she's getting desperate trying to find someone. And hopefully it's ok to post.

Her kitty has CKD, among other things, and is on a strict medication/feeding schedule. She needs someone that can come to her place in the UP in Michigan (Alanson to be specific) and do some feedings and pillings. Kitty is very easy to pill - I've seen videos, it's amazing! - and is very picky about her food. She eats raw that needs to be slightly warmed, so can't just have it in a feeder.

She's expecting the times the person would need to be available would be from 12-6pm EDT. She has a doctor appt five hours away that she really needs to go to. If there is anyone in that area that can help with feedings and pillings, she'd be most appreciative.

She's already reached out to a couple of vet clinics, including her own. Sitters, clients (she grooms pets), etc.

If anyone can help, I can put you in touch with this person. She's on FB and I know her mainly through the CKD group there. She's getting really desperate and unfortunately only was given the appt at the last minute for all intents and purposes (last Saturday she found out).

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I messaged a friend via Facebook that lives in Michigan but I do not think she is anywhere near U.P.  I asked her if she knows anyone in that area. She works overnights though so I may not hear anything for a while.  If and when I hear anything I will let you know.

Unfortunately I just heard back from her and she is in lower Michigan and does not know anyone in the U.P.  Sorry I could not be of more help.

Last edited:

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would ask on the Facebook page for "Barn Cat Buddies and Babies." I think most of the members are in Iron Mountain but I've also seen people throughout the UP. If she can't find someone, I would highly suggest checking with vet offices as many have techs who pet sit. I hope she finds someone.

Edit: I just saw that she already asked at vet clinics. :/. I think Marquette is about three hours away but I know Animal Medical Center has techs who pet sit.

Last edited:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen a website called care.com advertised on tv. I have know nothing about it personally but the add did mention pet sitting. This might be another option to look at.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen a website called care.com advertised on tv. I have know nothing about it personally but the add did mention pet sitting. This might be another option to look at.
Not sure what I think about that site. I signed up to be a sitter there, and then one day, almost every single time I clicked on a link I'd get in the email, it would say the page was not found. Then when I tried to go to my account, it said page not found. I tried to sign up again, and I swear the thing didn't recognize zip codes anymore, just postal codes (even though I STILL get emails telling me someone needs a sitter near me, but those links don't ever work).

I've gone to the FB page and seen some not-so-good comments on behalf of the sitters. IE, being charged to read messages, etc. So, not sure if it would be of much help. I think someone already did suggest that one anyway, now that I looked. They also suggested Sitter City, which seems a bit more reputable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I meant to reply sooner but couldn't remember where my thread was - d'oh!

She did manage to get some folks - three of them actually - to help out. Kitty did just fine! She has to go back downstate in a few weeks so she already is working on making sure someone is lined up.