Foot Injury

CharlieJLZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I came home to a lot of blood on the floor. My cat seems to have split 3 toe pads down the sides, like deep cracks and potentially a layer of skin peeling off the main pad. My vets have recommended at home pain relief as long as bleeding has now stopped which is has, until he can go in tomorrow. They said it could be a bite. I am less sure as there's no other foot injury. What do you think it looks like? Its very odd injury! Maybe a burn? And no panic I am not seeking medical advice I'm just intrigued on fellow cat owners ideas

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
Hmmm, did he step on something? or slip/fall from somewhere and in trying to catch himself with that paw, got cut? That's more what it looks like to me...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CharlieJLZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Hmmm, did he step on something? or slip/fall from somewhere and in trying to catch himself with that paw, got cut? That's more what it looks like to me...
He did it outside so I'm not sure but I didn't think of the falling thing. I wondered if the peeling was chemical burn but surely it wouldn't cut the paw like that. So pleased the bleeding has stopped!