Foods That Have A Similar Texture To Weruva Slide N' Serve?

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our cats has recently fallen in love with the texture of Weruva Slide N' Serve meals, and is especially fond of the Jeopurrdy Licious flavor. But since we're kinda paranoid about just feeding the same brand all the time (e.g., in case of a recall, a hiccup in the production or distribution process, etc.), we wondered if there are any other products with a similar texture.

Any ideas? :)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going to suggest that though kinda expensive. I feed my cats canidae chicken duck which is pieces of meat and use miko, shredded chicken, as a topper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I've been looking around the site a little for you, I saw someone mentioned Tiki Cat velvet mousse.

Possibly Petco's Soulistic?
Cool! Thanks. I'll look into that.

We tried the BFF Slide N' Serve pouches, even though we didn't want to put all of our proverbial eggs in one basket since it's also made by Weruva. Our cat hated it. But I suppose that was inevitable since it's a more budget friendly option. :lol:

We also tried some pates in those little perfect portion sized plastic containers, e.g., Sheba. They looked pretty smooth and creamy to me, kinda sorta like baby food, but Oscar wasn't impressed. But like many cats, it can take a lot to impress him. :wink:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going to suggest that though kinda expensive. I feed my cats canidae chicken duck which is pieces of meat and use miko, shredded chicken, as a topper
Great! I *think* the Petco in our area still carries Canidae. I'll take a look. Thanks much. :)

kitkaturday

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I've been looking around the site a little for you, I saw someone mentioned Tiki Cat velvet mousse.

Possibly Petco's Soulistic?
I think Tiki Cat was the original! But Weruva's are even "slidier," they really just glide out of the package with not a drop left behind that needs to be scraped.

My kitty didn't like Tiki Cat's mousses. Before the Weruva came out, I was toying with the idea of trying to imitate the texture at home with Tiki Cat Succulent Chicken, with a smoothie maker, using extra broth. My first experiments were "so so," but then I found Weruva's pouches and didn't try again. It might be something you want to think about, though.

Solid Gold and Applaws both have lines of "mousse" cat foods, but I haven't tried them. I'm not sure they have the same pudding-like texture as the Weruva.

Petco's site show a Royal Canin Mother & Babycat Mousse, too.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Great! I *think* the Petco in our area still carries Canidae. I'll take a look. Thanks much. :)
Petco Carrie's the new canidae adore which I do not like. Chewy has it. It would be interesting to know if Petco still has it. Most of their foodd is discontinued

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiki After Dark my cats loved. I mostly feed them dr elseys. If In explaining it right, the pate is denser so its more like pieces of meat. My mom fed them once and mushed it down like a loaf. My cats wouldn't touch it. Dr elsey is only online

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Tiki Cat was the original! But Weruva's are even "slidier," they really just glide out of the package with not a drop left behind that needs to be scraped.

My kitty didn't like Tiki Cat's mousses. Before the Weruva came out, I was toying with the idea of trying to imitate the texture at home with Tiki Cat Succulent Chicken, with a smoothie maker, using extra broth. My first experiments were "so so," but then I found Weruva's pouches and didn't try again. It might be something you want to think about, though.

Solid Gold and Applaws both have lines of "mousse" cat foods, but I haven't tried them. I'm not sure they have the same pudding-like texture as the Weruva.

Petco's site show a Royal Canin Mother & Babycat Mousse, too.
Ah, I didn't know that about Tiki Cat! But I've been woefully out of touch about a lot of products until fairly recently, as one cat can't have fish or chicken (which includes a heck of a lot of options!), and the other has been mostly a Fancy Feast kind of guy. Fortunately, he's getting more flexible these days. ;)

I have to confess, when I saw how the cats in the video on Weruva's website went nuts over their Slide 'N Serve products, I was skeptical that our cat would be that enthusiastic. Oh, my! Our boy is even more enthusiastic, and starts licking the pouch before I've even finished tearing off the top. I mean, I'm glad he likes it, but now he expects all of his food to have that same texture. :D

Thanks bunches!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Petco Carrie's the new canidae adore which I do not like. Chewy has it. It would be interesting to know if Petco still has it. Most of their foodd is discontinued
Ah, okay. I'll check to see if any of the holistic stores in our area carry it. It's always nice if we can take something for a test drive to see if our kitties like something before ordering a whole case from Chewy. Thanks for the heads up! :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiki After Dark my cats loved. I mostly feed them dr elseys. If In explaining it right, the pate is denser so its more like pieces of meat. My mom fed them once and mushed it down like a loaf. My cats wouldn't touch it. Dr elsey is only online
I had high hopes for After Dark, but our cats hated it. But maybe they were just mad that it replaced their much beloved Gourmet Carnivore product line. ;)

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another vote for Tiki Cat Mousse. It's the texture of baby food...
When I was feeding it to my senior, Maggie it kept her eating. Of course then EVERYONE wanted some.... when Maggie passed, I fed the remainder to the rest of the crew. Of course it's not as tasty when it's not forbidden. :frustrated:
For what it's worth, my cats have now decided that they hate ALL Weruva. It used to be a guaranteed hit. :headshake:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, okay. I'll check to see if any of the holistic stores in our area carry it. It's always nice if we can take something for a test drive to see if our kitties like something before ordering a whole case from Chewy. Thanks for the heads up! :)
I asked for a sample on their website and they shipped me one can

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for Tiki Cat Mousse. It's the texture of baby food...
When I was feeding it to my senior, Maggie it kept her eating. Of course then EVERYONE wanted some.... when Maggie passed, I fed the remainder to the rest of the crew. Of course it's not as tasty when it's not forbidden. :frustrated:
For what it's worth, my cats have now decided that they hate ALL Weruva. It used to be a guaranteed hit. :headshake:
Cool! Guess we'll give the Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse a try. :)

Yeah, cats can really try our patience sometimes re: their food preferences. Just when I finally think I've gotten it all figured out and order a ton of stuff from Chewy... :bawling2:

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, Petco's Soulistic "Pate in a Hydrating Puree" are near identical to Weruva.

My kitty also loves the Weruva Slide N Serve so we get that, Soulistic and the Tiki Cat Mousse (which is not as gelled, mind you) and she really likes those too. Caru Stews are also lick friendly and she likes those too, but they are spendy!

Other than that, I can get her to eat other pates as long as they are mixed with water or kitten milk replacer.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Petco's Soulistic "Pate in a Hydrating Puree" are near identical to Weruva.

My kitty also loves the Weruva Slide N Serve so we get that, Soulistic and the Tiki Cat Mousse (which is not as gelled, mind you) and she really likes those too. Caru Stews are also lick friendly and she likes those too, but they are spendy!

Other than that, I can get her to eat other pates as long as they are mixed with water or kitten milk replacer.
For some weird reason, our cats will eat the pricier Weruva products just fine, but won't touch the more budget friendly options like BFF and Soulistic. Dang it. :)

I've never understood how cats can be so picky. Good grief, they were eating out of garbage cans and whatnot before we took them in. Now they expect nothing but the best! :wink:

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For some weird reason, our cats will eat the pricier Weruva products just fine, but won't touch the more budget friendly options like BFF and Soulistic. Dang it. :)

I've never understood how cats can be so picky. Good grief, they were eating out of garbage cans and whatnot before we took them in. Now they expect nothing but the best! :wink:
Right!! LOL. That's a bummer about the Soulistic! I haven't tried the new BFF Slide N Serve ones, but I know she won't touch the other BFF at all. She was never this finicky when my other cat was alive :p