Food You Can't Pass Up...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello, my name is Kieka and I am foodie with a problem. My city just opened a trendy "Food Lab", read as hipster food court without a shopping center around it. I told myself I would try each place once before repeating anything but I am addicted to the corn cup (elote cup) from the first trip there.

I took my second trip today and tried a vegan burger place (it was okay) and the fries were too salty for me. So what do I do? Get a corn cup to eat instead of the fries...

IMG_20180923_121009.jpg

I may have a problem.

And for anyone unfamiliar with elote, it's corn with mayo, cojita cheese, butter, and lime. In street versions it's all layered on the corn cob but cup form it's blended together. This place also add chip crumbles (mine being flaming hot Cheetos), tajin and tapatio. I have died and gone to heaven.

Anyone else have a dish they just can't pass up?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some other items....

Vegan hamburger and fries with a sparkling strawberry lemonade.
IMG_20180923_112227.jpg

Lebanese wrap

IMG_20180923_112905.jpg

Mexican ice cream shop neopalitan ice cream, you could see the cocao bean in the chocolate, vanilla bean in vanilla and strawberries in the strawberry.

IMG_20180922_133635.jpg

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The end of my street has a family that sells elotes sometimes from their own corn fields. They're doing it now at harvest. I like it without the mayo (because I hate mayo,) and cilantro. Well, one time they gave it to me with mayo on it, and I didn't notice until halfway through, so maybe I'm just being picky. I wish it came in a cup! It's so messy that I can only stop by on my days off for fear of ruining my work clothes. I need to stop by one more time before I move! That's something I'll miss about where I live now. No hipster food courts, but lots of fresh stuff sold at farms all down my road.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may have a problem.... Grabbed lunch there and tried a brick fire pizza.

Thai Pie - Sweet chili sauce, chicken, mozzarella, bean sprouts, carrots, green onion, housemade peanut sauce.

IMG_20180929_113421.jpg

My niece was with me and got pepperoni,
IMG_20180929_113400.jpg

We both only ate half and gave the other half to her Dad for his lunch. I did manage not to get a corn cup, just barely. A new place just opened up in there too with ..... Mac and Cheese Fries. I am going to gain twenty pounds I swear. But fries with Mac and cheese, nacho cheese sauce, candied bacon and flaming hot cheeto crumbles? That is on my list for my next trip.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today was a grilled chicken sandwich and bacon Mac and cheese fries.

IMG_20180930_113217.jpg

I wish we had a hipster food court. I never heard of most of the stuff you mentioned. The only food I can't pass up is pizza.
Artisan pizzas, thin crust, thick or delivery?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The end of my street has a family that sells elotes sometimes from their own corn fields. They're doing it now at harvest. I like it without the mayo (because I hate mayo,) and cilantro. Well, one time they gave it to me with mayo on it, and I didn't notice until halfway through, so maybe I'm just being picky. I wish it came in a cup! It's so messy that I can only stop by on my days off for fear of ruining my work clothes. I need to stop by one more time before I move! That's something I'll miss about where I live now. No hipster food courts, but lots of fresh stuff sold at farms all down my road.
If you can find a la michoacana they usually sell elote cups. I definitely prefer the cup version for ease of eating. Although there is something to be said for fresh corn on the cob with all the fixings.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm a big foodie and can get behind this thread. The worst thing is average food!! When i was at the Galapagos with my bf we feasted on delicious seafood everyday! My favorite items were octopus ceviche and fresh passion fruit juices. But really all the fruit juices were so good.
View attachment 254868 View attachment 254869
That looks amazing. Nom. We went to Maui not to long ago and I swear I dream about some of that food. I forced myself to try different things everyday and somehow missed just a good old fish taco.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
that looks so good, Kieka Kieka !! :cloud9:

i very rarely eat out. that said, i'd love some good pizza, NY style. :agree:
I eat out way too much.... And it shows :flail:

It doesn't help that my boss takes me out to lunch at least once a week. And he loves dessert so then I have to get it too.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That sounds awesome! I put Tajin on almost everything.

I can't pass up some good falafel.

There's a hipster food court at a mall in Omaha, but that's the closest. Bummer.
I'm going to have to try the falafel at the Lebanese place. It think that's going to be my next stop or the Cajun place.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love clam pasta. I made it for the first time not too long ago. It was easy to make and it actually came out good.

20180701_201547.jpg

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That all looks so amazing! Especially the Thai pizza. We make a cheat version of this at home on naan breads from the store.
We also have La Michoacana here in town, but not for long! Got one more elotes Colorado order from my neighbor after a long day cleaning house, and said "I'm already dirty, whats a little bit more?"

You'll have to tell me how the Cajun place is! That's my native food!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tacos, pizza and mac and cheese!
How about this?

IMG_20180930_113217.jpg

Fries with macaroni and cheese, cheese sauce, candied bacon crumbles and hot cheeto crumbles? Honestly, if I could get it as just a big bowl of Mac and cheese with the bacon it would be amazing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am usually a mac and cheese purist with no additions. :lol: I did have this mac and cheese burger once that was amazing -

42948933_1093625807472158_7913576147386892288_n.jpg