food sub for Urinary diet?

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ran out of Madisons food last night, the plan was to head to the vet today to pick more up. Since that plan one car's power steering pump has blown up (I took pictures of the smoke) and the other car likes overheating.

While I'm getting this squared away, I have a small opportunity today to possibly pick up some more RX food at another vet, if I can find one that has RC brand, if not it may not be until tomorrow morning or friday that I can get more.

Right now I have a spare bag of EVO ferret diet, and may be able to find a way to get some other form of cat food.

what else can I possibly feed him, I cant starve him, but I also can't grab something for a day or two and have it screw him up either.

It'd be no question to cook for him, I'd have no problem with it, I considered cooking chicken up with rice or something along those lines, I have raw cranberries on hand if I should mix those in to help out a bit

any ideas?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please Call your vet and explain the issue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
um..

vets don't deliver.

unless you're going along the lines of her reccomending something I can feed him? I think what you said went completely over my head there for a seccond.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need to talk to the vet , as you have a ill animal on a RX diet.... Only the Vet is qualified to tell you what if any otc foods you can feed .

Your vet has given you the information and suggested treatment based on your cat’s signs, symptoms and history. Not following the vet’s advice could be detrimental to your cat’s health. Please discuss any potential changes in treatment with your vet first. This can usually be done over a phone call if the cat has already been seen about the same problem. If you are not happy with your vet’s advice, or suggested treatment, get a second veterinary opinion, do not only take advice you have received online from people who do not have your cat’s full medical history.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure she meant ask what you could use in the meantime or cook.

I would think one day of chicken and rice wouldn't be that bad, but it's not something you want your cat on any longer unless you had a supplement to help correct urine ph and properly understood making such a diet.

I don't think raw cranberries would go over well with a cat unless you want to toss one down as a toy.