food strike, she doesn't like vet diet

lunatuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet gave me a hypoallergenic food for Luna but she does not like it. It is patte and Luna likes gravy and chunks of meaty goodness! How do I get her over her food strike?

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is Luna allergic too?

Maybe I could help you find a chunks-in-gravy food that doesn't contain ingrediants she can't handle? It is always worth a try

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried mashing or blending it with water into a puree? My cats are on a hypoallergenic food too- they won't eat it out of a can, but love it pureed with a bit of water. I use a little smoothie maker, but you can do it with a fork-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunatuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has had multiple indolent ulcers and a rash on her head and a lot if itching. I don't know for sure which ingredient she is allergic to but the vet gave us venison and potatoes recipe and I thought I would try that for a couple of weeks till her ulcer clears up with the steroid shot and then gradually add a different food and see if it is the culprit although I would hate for her to have another break-out and need another trip to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunatuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After a week of mixing her new vet food with her old food and taking the old food away a little at a time, she finally ate the vet food by itself this AM. Now I wonder if I am feeding her enough because she ate it so fast.