Food opinions please

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiny has become increasingly finicky as of late. I have been buying Eagle Pack's Holistic Select and Ping and Yang love it but Tiny has gotten to where she will barely eat it. I talked the feed store into getting a different flavor for me to add to the mix hoping maybe she did not like the other 2 flavors I have been buying.

Well on to the point of the topic...I noticed while I was there they had a different brand on the shelf as well this one called Holistic Select parent company is WellPet. The ingredients look ok to me but what do ya'll think?

http://www.holisticselect.com/cat-ca...y-recipe.shtml

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is Tiny? It may not be the food at all, she could be sickening of something. Perhaps a trip to the vet, and soem bloodwork, is in order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiny is almost a year old. She does not act sick just that she does not seem to like much of the wet food that I buy. She will eat the dry with no issues.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, okay then. So it looks like you will have to try some different brands. Or perhaps textures. Try pate, chunks in gravy styles, shredded, or flaked. Try warming up the food.

Sometimes it's hard to get some cats to eat wet.

Keep us posted.

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to feed my older cat Holistic Selects but he got sick of it quite quickly. Maybe try some other brands. Wellness canned foods are good; Fromm's makes some interesting flavours - the entrees come shredded but they also have pates; Nature Variety makes Homestyle stews which are chunks in gravy. Sometimes the texture makes a difference. You can also try different meats - Nature Variety makes Instinct in Rabbit, Duck, Venison, Chicken and Beef. I rotate flavours so my cats don't get used to one and they get a variety of nutrients. Merrick also makes stew-like canned foods.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kibble is often strongly flavored to entice cats to eat it; it's possible that as long as you have dry stuff available for Tiny to eat, you will have difficulty getting her to consistently eat wet.

Have you considered not offering dry kibble? It's really not good for cats (google "the dangers of dry foods") and getting all your kitties on a completely wet diet would be beneficial to them.

Either way, good luck with Tiny!