Foaming

Gina73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gave my ,14 lb cat a 25mg benadryl, now foaming and scared! I'm beyond scared help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gina73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have never seen this in her, she's hiding in the closet, usually sleeps next to me

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too much Benadryl for a cat - it's a human dose. If you haven't already, call your vet about it.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah way too much Benedryl. It is 1mg per pound. Unless your cat is 25lbs. If it was a 20-25 lbs cat you might be able to get away with it.

Excessive Benedryl will obviously make the cat drowsy so that could be why she is hiding. Other symptoms include vomitting, diarrhea, dry mouth and worse. Keep a close eye, or call pet poison control or your vet asap.

What did you give the Benedryl for anyways?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was it an entire Benadryl tablet? Or did you split it in half or smaller? A full tablet is way too much for a cat, basically an overdose.

Did you dry pill the cat or use something like a Pill Pocket? Many medicines take yucky to cats so foaming it common.

Give the vet a call now. Even if the office is closed, the after hours voicemail message will list who to call for emergencies.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, twenty five MG is way too much, call and talk to your vet and see what can be done. I have used benadryl for long car trips to sedate them, and they were sedated on much less, call your vet ASAP.Please call your vet and ask for correct dosages or research on the internet, i'll pray for him, please keep us informed!