Foam In Kitten Pee

Ryan grady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten Argento had peed in the floor and there was a foam in the pee what it causing it

Attachments

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you sure there wasn’t anything on the floor that caused the pee to foam? Is Argento peeing outside the box a lot or peeing small amounts frequently? Foam in urine is a sign of infection with anaerobic bacteria, but if he’s acting healthy, I think it might be something that was on the floor already.

I hope it’s nothing. Please keep us updated.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would worry about a Urinary infection. Also anytime a cat pees outside of the litter box a UTI is one of the first things to check into. I would highly recommend a vet visit and have him checked. Much better to be safe ,especially with a male cat as it can turn very bad, deadly, for them, very quickly.

There are some other serious medical issues that cause foamy urine, so please have the vet check as soon as possible.

Do keep us updated on him, i will worry about him. :crossfingers:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw white and yellow stuff on the floor once. Not having a good sense of smell, I told Mom Daisy peed outside the litterbox. She sniffed it a few times and told me it was vomit.

Last edited:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow a lot of feedback I had noticed him pee in the floor once before not long ago before I took this photo it also had foam I will certainly get him to a vet soon
Good. A vet visit, very soon will be the best thing you can do for him! Do keep us updated! Hopefully nothing serious, but it could be, and we will worry. :crossfingers:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been blessed with not having even heard of foamy pee before, and now that I've "googled" it, I've learned a lot.
I learned a new thing today! :paperbag:

I hope your cat will be okay, and so glad you'll be taking him to the vet!!