Flying with šŸ¾

mellerrzz

owned by kitten
Kitten
Purraise
I have wanted a flame point cat for a while & had the one criteria that it had to be a rescue.

I finally was blessed to be able to love one, Tango.

I was going to drive but my state recently got hit hard with Tropical Storm Isaias and I decided to take a plane flight.

The trip back home is a total of 4 hrs including a almost 2 hr layover.

I have read and looked up all I could to make sure this process is as stress free for both me and my new little one.

I have already:

- made sure that he could fly with me in cabin... luckily the flight back home had one more spot.. when the airport isnā€™t too busy.

- sent the carrier and blanket I will use to his current rescue home in hopes he will get used to it and the items will provide some comfort while on the plane (due to them being familiar items)

- booked a pet friendly hotel room for the night

I guess my ultimate fear is not being ready.

I have read that:

- there are separate rooms where TSA will ask you to hold the cat and be able to check their carrier

- there are pet relief rooms (I have printed out the layout of the airports and highlighted where they are [or even family restrooms])

I wanted to ask those who have flown or perhaps road tripped, what do I pack that I can bring in my carry on/ personal bag?

Iā€™ve thought of:

- pee pads
- treats
- harness
- name tag for his carrier (he isnā€™t microchipped)
- litter (?)
- wipes
-microfiber cloth

Most of the items in my bags will be for him haha, I just donā€™t want to miss anything. Itā€™s my first time flying as wellšŸ˜¬

Thank you!

Attachments

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, let me say how brave you are to fly given the pandemic. Please be careful! Try to stay as far away from others as you can. As far as flying with cats goes,I think a lot of it depends on what airline you fly. I've flown numerous times with both of my cats and it was never that big of a deal. The only thing I would suggest is that you purchase a portable travel litter box, especially since you have a lengthy layover. Lots of cats won't use puppy pads. He's a beautiful, lucky boy so congratulations on rescuing him. Safe travels.