Flying With A Cat With Heart Disease

MaxxsMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm a new member who is concerned about flying with her kitty. I am hoping to move back to California from New York in May, and I'm very worried about flying with Simon, who has moderate heart disease. He's on meds and recently had an EKG. His cardiologist is going to send me a list of medications that won't interfere with his heart function to calm him on the flight. But I'm super worried. Does anyone here have any experience of flying with a kitty with heart disease? I'd be very grateful to hear your experiences. Thank you!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I wish I could help, but I have no experience with this. Would it help for you to tell us what kind of heart disease, just in case that matters for what type of advice/experiences the members here on this site might offer? (E.g. heart murmur or other form of cardiomyopathy).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MaxxsMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I wish I could help, but I have no experience with this. Would it help for you to tell us what kind of heart disease, just in case that matters for what type of advice/experiences the members here on this site might offer? (E.g. heart murmur or other form of cardiomyopathy).
Yes, thank you, good point. Simon has dilated cardiomyopathy with moderate left atrial dilation. He's currently taking Enalapril, Vetmedin, and Plavix. I can provide more details from the EKG report if it would be helpful. He currently has no symptoms of heart disease in his daily life and is active and happy.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the additional information! Just hang in there to see who responds - sometimes it takes a while before someone sees your post who has some personal knowledge. So, if you don't hear from anyone right away, be patient!!!