Flipping the cone collar back...

Mondaysghost

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little one had to get surgery a few days ago to remove some cancerous growths, all went well but the dreaded cone of doom came upon our house with her return home. Signed up on here to reach out to the community. She pretty much lost her mind becuase of the cone once the drugs faded (but gets a little pain med dose every 12 hours), she started running around as well as not being able to get comfortable to sleep, stays up at night walking around being a weirdo and cant sleep during the day, which I'm sure cant be good for recovery. Me being the sucker I am, and being super nervous about her moving around to much with stitches, I started trying alternative stuff to ease her suffering. Which leads me to my question, I've flipped the cone back so it's like a stiff baby bib, its chilled her out where she will lay down but it is still quite uncomfortable for her. I'm not sure if this is a good alternative to it being flipped out around her face. I cant take anymore days off of work and have to leave her home alone, will this be ok to leave on her like that?

Also the stitches are about two to three inchs down her stomach from her armpit, she doesn't seem to be able to reach the the incision when she tries but I also scold her and she stops. Has anyone tried it this way?

Attachments