Flex Tubing For Cords Safety And It Won’t Cover The Plug?

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I upgraded to a larger TV today and the one cord is a little bit thinner than the one on my old TV. Now Spencer has bit n through a sound machine cord which was teeny tiny. So since I’m such a worry wart I went ahead and got some flex tubing from Lowe’s. I covered three wires in the back of my TV however I can’t cover the actual plug on the cord and the tubing can move if I move it...will this still work ?

Last edited:

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you provide pictures please? I want to be sure I am imaging it correctly.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jwa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
You could put some bitter apple on it just to be sure :), maybe? Spray a cloth and wipe the tubing.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
It already looks good, but if you wanted to be extra safe you could use some low-residue electrical tape. It shouldn’t cost more than a few dollars at any hardware store.

With this you could fix the flexible cord to the tv plug with a few strands or just go crazy and wrap around the plug part.

Another suggestion would be double sided tape around the plut part and the Lowe’s protector. Cats hate the feeling of tape and after a while they would learn their lesson at no danger to themselves or your tech.

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It already looks good, but if you wanted to be extra safe you could use some low-residue electrical tape. It shouldn’t cost more than a few dollars at any hardware store.

With this you could fix the flexible cord to the tv plug with a few strands or just go crazy and wrap around the plug part.

Another suggestion would be double sided tape around the plut part and the Lowe’s protector.
Thx..I just wanted to make sure it was safe...I’m a worrywart!
I do use double sided tape on a pull down blind..the end of it ..and I do have electrical tape...I may just monitor it for now how I have it. Thx a lot!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used Chewsafe, which is clear plastic tubing slit on the side, and it wouldn't cover the plug, either, but my chewer paid no attention to the plug. It did stop the chewing, though, after replacing seven adapters and other items.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used Chewsafe, which is clear plastic tubing slit on the side, and it wouldn't cover the plug, either, but my chewer paid no attention to the plug. It did stop the chewing, though, after replacing seven adapters and other items.

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I just hope he doesn’t knock the tv over! Already investigated it once tonight . He did that with my old 9ne too a few times..anhhhh

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
how are things?
The bitter apple I'd mentioned above might make the whole thing less interesting :)

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I use a similar tubing on some electrical wires in my house, as well. My cat was a big chewer as a kitten, and the split tubing seemed to make it less interesting, as well as safer. I used thinner tubing, so it has a bit less play, but I don't think it matters much. I think that plugs tend to be too large to be appealing for chewing on, but one should never underestimate a cat's ability to be surprising.

Fortunately she mostly grew out of chewing on wires (clear plastic, OTOH is a whole other matter...) I suspect that electrical cables are chewed, because any string or cable appeals to cats, but also because the sheathing material is fairly similar in texture to the material used to make chew/teething sticks...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cord chewer once and had to use cord covers. Yes the plug itself was open but mine wasn’t interested in it, just the cords themselves.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jwa