Flesh colored lump on cat's neck

gisellesmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I'm new hear and hoping some one maybe has a similar experience. I have a 7 year old kitty named Giselle. She is a house cat and in good health. A few months back I found a never small lump on her neck. You couldn't see it. Just feel it. Since then it's grown to a little smaller then a pencil eraser. It's still skin colored. No redness or anything oozing. She hates me messing with it. She hates the vet. I'm dreading taking her. I'm hoping some one here can help me feel better. I'm scared it's cancer.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even though she hates the vet, it would be best to take her in. Just in case, that way they can do the tests needed to rule out cancer. Especially since it has grown since you first discovered it.

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree entirely with Britty93.  The lump may well be benign, it appears to be growing slowly unlike a malignancy, but it is impossible to be sure until it is seen by a vet.  It may well have to removed and looked at under a microscope.  Regardless of your cat's aversion to vets, you should take Giselle to your regular vet.

Geoffrey

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It' just always best to err on the side of caution. Especially when it comes to our fur babies. They can't tell us if they're hurt or sick. That's our job as pet parents, to make sure they aren't.

poppy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Years ago we had a cat with something similar, she was very old and hated the vets - she's used to get aggressive and very stressed out. We got them checked out (she had two, one on her neck and one on her face) and the vet decided to put her under and take samples to be sent off. They turned out to be nothing of concern but I was pleased we knew as one of them in particular did grow in size quite a bit. You can never be to careful and if it is something it needs to be treated.

cat princesses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat has what sounds like what you are describing. We had one removed and sent for pathology and it was nothing. She had about 5-6 on other parts of her body but since they're nothing we are going to leave them. Vet said if they're in a spot where they scratch and they make them bleed it's best to have them removed.