fleas!!

cheeseskylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello… I was wondering if showering my cats with flea shampoo or dawn soap will help get rid of fleas? I am also vacuuming all around the house and washing anything that can be washed to help kill any fleas that are living on them. I am also putting flea killing sprays on the furniture and putting flea collars on my cats to be safe. Would this help get rid of fleas? Thank you in advance

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello… I was wondering if showering my cats with flea shampoo or dawn soap will help get rid of fleas? I am also vacuuming all around the house and washing anything that can be washed to help kill any fleas that are living on them. I am also putting flea killing sprays on the furniture and putting flea collars on my cats to be safe. Would this help get rid of fleas? Thank you in advance
Wow, this seems a popular subject. I commented on this topic yesterday. Here I go again. Many years ago I had a indoor Maine Coon male whom unfortunately escaped temporarily. He brought in Fleas. It was so bad that I could see them jumping across the carpet. I purchased a can of aerosol "Flea Bomb". This product is still available. It can be had in the "Hot Shot" or Raid brands. Available from Wal-Mart and Amazon. Probably other places as well. To further help the cats situation. I had a Veterinarian dip the cats coat with flea treatment. Those two measures solved the flea issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseskylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, this seems a popular subject. I commented on this topic yesterday. Here I go again. Many years ago I had a indoor Maine Coon male whom unfortunately escaped temporarily. He brought in Fleas. It was so bad that I could see them jumping across the carpet. I purchased a can of aerosol "Flea Bomb". This product is still available. It can be had in the "Hot Shot" or Raid brands. Available from Wal-Mart and Amazon. Probably other places as well. To further help the cats situation. I had a Veterinarian dip the cats coat with flea treatment. Those two measures solved the flea issue.
thank you so much! i’ll try to find the flea bomb at my local walmart and give my cats a small bath before taking them to the vet if i can’t get an appointment soon so at least some help will be done.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you so much! i’ll try to find the flea bomb at my local walmart and give my cats a small bath before taking them to the vet if i can’t get an appointment soon so at least some help will be done.
While the cat was at the Veterinarian is when I set off the Flea Bomb. All the windows had too be shut. Several hours were needed to be out of the residence to kill the flea larve.. This is deadly stuff. No pet or person can be in the residence after the flea bomb has been activated.

Last edited:

cheeseskylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
While the cat was at the Veterinarian is when I set off the Flea Bomb. All the windows had too be shut. Several hours were needed to be out of the residence to kill the flea large. This is deadly stuff. No pet or person can be in the residence after the flea bomb has been activated.
how many times did you use the flea bomb?

cheeseskylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I only needed to use it once. As the cat never escaped again. Having the Cat dipped at the Veterinarian was a good measure as well. Back then I was living in Florida.
i’ll give both the flea bomb and have the cats dipped at the vet a try. Thank you so much!

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I spent this past winter in Florida and I ended up with 4 INDOOR cats with fleas. I tried a few non vet prescribed flea meds but kept seeing them. I ended up getting revolution plus and advantage multi which seem to work well.

I would constantly comb them with a flea comb. Dip that in warm sudsy water to kill the fleas. Wash everything in hot water. Vacuum vacuum vacuum! The vibration will make flea eggs hatch. I decided against a flea bomb because where I stayed had open cabinets and I didn’t want to have to pack all that stuff away. Chewy also has some really good products. I bought a furniture spray. They also have a spray you can put on the cat but I tried that once and THAT didn’t end well haha. Now that I am back in CT I have given them one more treatment to make sure there is no issues but I hadn’t seen any in a few months.

Also make sure you keep an eye on kitties poop because flea cause worms.