Fleas still survive?

hayesme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone had issues with fleas even after using Revolution?  My boy Leo is happy going outside, and when putting his Revolution treatment on him yesterday, I saw fleas.  He has always scratched, but I have not seen them like I did yesterday.  I am tempted to bathe him, but why am I paying for expensive flea treatment if it doesn't work?  Is it reasonable to expect an outdoor/indoor kitty to have NO fleas using these type of treatments?  I am careful to apply as directed, he is very fluffy and there are plenty of feral cats around.  Plus, I live in New Orleans, so it's prime flea country down here.

Thanks for any insight.

sparklexo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We always used Advantage on our cats (not sure how Revolution works) and one of them was an indoor/outdoor cat and never ever got fleas since (she previously had a flea collar). My current cat had terrible fleas when I first got her, but within 24 hours of using Advantage they were falling off dead on the counter when I went to inspect her with a flea comb (it was pretty gross haha). Maybe find out about switching treatment brands? (whatever you do DONT reapply another flea product after already using one, it can kill them!! just in case you werent aware :))

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Perhaps you have fleas in your home????  If they lay eggs, that will keep hatching and keep appearing on the cat.  You might want to try applying FOOD GRADE diatomaceous earth to floors and carpets.  Leave it a couple hours, then vacuum.  We had to do it twice a few days apart last summer.....it took care of the problem without having to spray any harsh chemicals.  You can also rub some into the pets coat to kill fleas....won't hurt them if they lick it...it is actually a natural dewormer.  

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Revolution only kills adult fleas and prevents eggs of hatching according to their website. Advantage II ( which is what I use) kills fleas in all life stages ( eggs, larvae and adults) and stops them from biting. When I lived in Louisiana Advantage worked great for us. If you have dogs also, Sentinal stops fleas eggs from hatching along with heartworm prevention.