Fleas Rare Spot Pulling Out Fur

karkel59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i had a seresto collar on cat, didn’t work, we use a flea comb, ive use diamaceus earth and sprays...I can’t not wash my cat , there is no way ...she’s mean...my question is the collar been off for 2 days, can I use advantage topical on her with the rare spots ? Oh yeah gave her capstar, but she threw up within minutes....also of I put salt down, will it hurt my cats ? Thanks for input

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would check with my vet. i know you can make them sick with too much flea medication too close together. I get advantage multi from my vet, and have had good luck with it. I dont use it all year, but during flea season i will use once a month, then give them a break during the winter and spring. They are indoors so not much of a worry unless we bring something in.

I dont think i would put salt down, some cats may lick it, or get it on them and lick, i know too much salt is bad for them.

Good luck with her, and when you talk to your vet maybe also ask about medicating for Tapeworms, they often come with fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karkel59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is it harmful to sprinkle table salt leave down for 24 hours then vacuum, will it harm my cats ? I heard it works good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karkel59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
now missing fur ( bald spots ) pink spots.....should I take her to Vet and get a stronger flea medication ? Could she have been allergic to the seresto collar ? I took off her 3 days ago, she still has fleas, should I apply advantage or take to vet ?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd take the cat to the vet. The vet can prescribe a flea treatment such as Revolution or Advantage. OTC flea products often don't work and certain brands of flea collars are known to be dangerous. The bald spots could be a reaction to the flea collar. I'd hold off on applying any more flea product until the vet appointment.