Fleas!??? plz help!!

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

As the title says im paranoid Garfield has fleas.... its been 7 weeks since we git him and he had fleas...within 24 hrs of him being in our home we treated him and the house and he was treated again 2 weeks ago but my hoover has broke and i have laminate and tiled floors all downstairs its only the stairs landing and bedroom that has carpet so ive been brushing it with a brush to get all the bits up for the last week and a half byt Garfield has been scratching a bit this week.....you think we got fleas or its just dust allergy or something....ive not spotted any on him or really spotted any in the house or had any bites etc but im so paranoid!!! What you all think? X

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No way to know for sure, but I'd get that Hoover fixed or get another vacuum.  Brushing the carpet isn't going to get rid of fleas, IF you have them.

Cats will normally scratch every once in awhile, just like we do, just because we get an occasional itch.  Doesn't mean we (or they) have fleas.)  Check  him over well, use a flea comb to try to find any.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi youl be glad to know i have my hoover fixed now (i had been waiting for the part to be sent out) and i have hoovered everywhere and not noticed hom scartc much was only happening the day b4 andvthe day i posted may have been an irritation to something!? I definitely havent seen anything so i am hoping its all ok xx

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just keep an eye on him and see if he seems to have a continual itch or not.  Cats will scratch every once in awhile, as I stated.  It's normal.   continually scratching at the same spot, or scratching all the time is not normal and would be indicative of some sort of allergen or pest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will do thank you. Ive just tried to check his fur againnow but he hates me doing it and flicks his tsil at me then goes to nip me if i dont stop so i cant slways have a good look close up but where i did look i cant see any flea dirt on him etc xxx