Flea's from a friends house?

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi All - It's been awhile! I have a flea question this time around..

My cats are treated with Revolution (their last treatment was about 3-4 weeks ago?), but I just had a flea on me while at a friends house! I come over here pretty frequently and bring bags back and forth with clothing and what not. I just gave them some tips on how to rid of fleas, so I'm really hoping it's followed.

I'm trying not to totally freakout, but I absolutely do not want a flea infestation at my house! At this rate, should I bother bombing my house? Or -- should I not worry too too much? I have some DE that I just purchased but have yet to use. Has anyone had luck with this? I'm thinking I should maybe sprinkle it down and vacuum?

Any input and tips would be appreciated!

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would think the Revolution should take care of any stray fleas you may have brought home, as long as your cats are treated on the recommended schedule. As long as you are not seeing flea dirt on your pet beds, you should be OK.

The DE certainly can't hurt the situation, so why not? The toxicity of bombing always freaks me out, DE sounds like a much better alternative.

We recently beat an infestation (finally), so I totally understand your paranoia!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Luckily your kitty is on prevention. But do know that the Revolution actually works by the flea actually biting the cat. I'd amp up your vacuuming regimen for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I went through the house and did do some spray since I had some left. Also amped up my vacuuming. I bought a flea comb to run through the cats, and so far, so good! Thankfully, at their house, they've begun the steps to rid of fleas as well. Besides the flea I saw, none have shown up, but hopefully the persistence will keep them away!