Flea

inkxpencil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have always used Revolution with my cats, and I hadn’t had any problems. When we had fleas we treated monthly for an entire year. Even though we didn’t see fleas for months we still treated a they can remain dormant for awhile, and we didn’t want another out break. We always treat for fleas in the summer months, even though we don’t have them and stop the treatment once the snow comes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is suggested to use monthly. You may not see a flea, but your cat could have them.
One vet told me it can be dangerous use it when u think they have fleas or other things

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One vet told me it can be dangerous use it when u think they have fleas or other things
If you live in a warm area, have outdoor access cats, have other pets that go outside or have had problems with fleas before it's a good idea to use these products every 30 days. You don't want to do it more often than 30 days. It's OK to take a break in the colder months. But regular use stops a flea infestation, which can take a lot of time to get rid of.

My cats don't get fleas, it's too cold where we are, but they do get deer ticks. On my vets advice I alternate between Front Line Plus and Profender, for worms, every month. I don't use anything between December and April, because it's below zero and the ground is covered in snow then.

I've been doing this for about ten years now without any problems.

Have you used anything on your cat to get rid of the fleas yet?

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think, in general, Vets view spot-on's as the lesser evil as they see a lot more problems caused by fleas than bad reactions caused by spot-on's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you live in a warm area, have outdoor access cats, have other pets that go outside or have had problems with fleas before it's a good idea to use these products every 30 days. You don't want to do it more often than 30 days. It's OK to take a break in the colder months. But regular use stops a flea infestation, which can take a lot of time to get rid of.

My cats don't get fleas, it's too cold where we are, but they do get deer ticks. On my vets advice I alternate between Front Line Plus and Profender, for worms, every month. I don't use anything between December and April, because it's below zero and the ground is covered in snow then.

I've been doing this for about ten years now without any problems.

Have you used anything on your cat to get rid of the fleas yet?
Yeah i use it for my 2 cats i have to get for other 3 cats i have 5 im not sure they all have or no i saw on 2 of my cats so im putting them for all they are indoor cats they never go out so I don’t think i need to use every month