Flea Treats

coneja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all; I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with Flea Treats by FTI Pet Products? They're basically little treats packed with B vitamins that are supposed to help deter fleas (in combination with other control methods.) I heard about them from Liz Eastwood's Natural Cat Care Blog (which I follow). On Amazon the reviews are mixed (some say it works, others say it doesn't). The ingredients are as follows: brewer's yeast, liver, silica, stearic acid, cellulose, thiamine HCl (vitamin B-1), calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine HCl (vitamin B-6), folic acid and cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12). It's human grade and follows USP Standards.

I was just curious: has anyone else tried these or any sort of B vitamin supplementation for flea repellent? I've heard of using Jarrow B-Right, but having to divide up the capsules so much for a proper dose sort of worries me, even though excess B vitamins are supposed to be flushed out safely with the urine... Thoughts?

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember before there were flea topicals, using Brewers yeast...did not make any difference to my cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coneja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the yeast is supposed to be a base and then the B vitamins added on top of it. Or at least, that's what I remember from the website. But yeah, not sure if it'll make a difference; it's got a mix of reviews on Amazon, though overall it's generally positive... :)