Flea treatment

Ivymay14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi ,

I’m after some advice wondered if anyone knew which flea treatment is suitable for cats to prevent against mites .

A couple of months ago my cat had an issue with her fur and the vet seemed to think the issue was mites and prescribed a stronger flea testament as the one I was using didn’t prevent against this .
She’s completely that 3 month course but now I need a new one that won’t cost a bomb like the vets .

she was on advantage but it looks as though frontline etc don’t prevent against mites .

any recommendations ?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I haven't read up on flea treatments in a while, but last I knew Advantage Multi treats mites and so does Revolution (and Revolution Plus). Both of these are monthly applications rather than quarterly, unless that has been changed. I am not sure what quarterly treatment your cat received, so I can't say about the cost, but I am pretty sure none of these treatments are inexpensive. The ones I mentioned can be gotten through Chewy.com with a script and they may be cheaper that what your vet charges.

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would suggest going to petbucket.com , they are in Europe, no script needed, I've used this site for many years, your will have your flea drops in 10-14 days.....outside the U.S.A., Revolution is called Stronghold, please order Stronghold Plus at the right cat weight and it's about $42 bucks to your door for 3 apps.................

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get advantage from viovet they are on amazon. No script needed for plain advantage. I've also got it from other sellers on amazon in the past, pet drugs online and pet's at home. I'm in the UK but if your in the states I'd still check amazon. I look for whoever is selling it cheapest bulk buying can save money too.