Flea Treatment Help

Brice53

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haven't had fleas for over a year in my house but the fleas got absolutely out of control about a month ago and I'm playing catchup. Because I wasn't seeing any fleas I made a big mistake and got really lax with my cats' flea treatments. I had them on Frontline Plus before I skipped a few months. They all were given Frontline Plus three weeks ago and I'm seeing mixed results. I'm either finding dead fleas or no fleas on two cats while I'm pulling multiple fleas off of my other three cats each day as I comb them.

Two of my cats go outside for walks so would it be a good idea to treat them with something different than my three indoor only cats?

My vet is recommending Seresto flea collars for them. I've read Frontline can take several months to be totally effective so
should I continue with Frontline each month or should I look for another option?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I, too, have heard that it can take a few months for the Frontline Plus to be fully effective. So, personally speaking, since you know it does work for them, and they have not had any negative reaction to it, I would continue with it.

In the meantime, you probably should spray your house with some sort of treatment (Precor 2000, for one example), and vacuum often just to help keep the fleas at a minimum until the Frontline completely kicks in. It could help to shorten the timeline. Washing their bedding frequently can also help.