Flea stuck

YouraveragecatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I Dont even know how this happened....I was giving him liquid medicine for worms and I saw a tiny speck in the middle of one of his teeth.I thought it was a bit of food but no.Its a flea.How this happened I don't know.How do I get it out?
20210627_134940.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A stray? He’ll let you handle him well? If so, I would be tempted to try a soft toothbrush if the Qtip doesn’t work. Cats often groom fleas out of their fur so it isn’t surprising to see one in the mouth. It just got stuck when she was biting it out. Fleas are often swallowed and they also can spread parasites like worms so it’s good that you are treating her for that. If all else fails, you may need help to get it out so it won’t irritate her gums. I thinking it will get dislodged with a little help from you though. You might want to give her some form of flea treatment too if you haven’t already. You did an amazing job getting in there to find that AND to get that photo! Bravo! That kitty is very lucky to have such great care and attention. I hope she lives with you from now on! :clap2::goldstar: