Flea Control For Cat Who Is Being Harness-trained

vervainandrue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am harness-training one of my four cats, and I'm worried about bringing fleas into the house. We used to let one of our cats out in the backyard when we were gardening, and the vet told us we needed to use Revolution on all four cats. That got to be really expensive!!! If you walk your cat, what do you do for flea control? Are there cheaper yet effective options to Revolution? And do you treat all the cats in the house or just the walker? Any advise from people who take their kitties out on walks would be helpful. Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I use a tiny tiny amount of diluted Original Avon Skin So Soft on the back of his neck when my boy goes out for walks. He hates it but so do the fleas.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Treat all the cats always. Revolution also does heartworm prevention in cats and you know mosquitos can get into your home. Also flea larvae and eggs can lay dormant in your home (in the nooks and crannies) for a LONG time before coming alive and jumping on your pet. You can also bring them in on your pant leg too. If you do some googling or PM me you can buy extra large dog Revolution and dose it down for your cats. Or search this forum, it used to be very shared information here but nowadays I don't know if we are allowed to talk about that sort of thing and I don't want to break rules ;)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or and Revolution treats ticks too! We pulled like 40 ticks off a cat at work last week. YUCK!