Flame Point Siamese?

princesskiki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there friends!

This is Ruby, and she was adopted from a Rescue in August. She was pure white at the time, but within a week we noticed she had a tannish colour on her tail and her ears.

We were told at the vet she may have Siamese in her, and I know there’s lots of knowledgeable people here so I thought I’d share some photos and see what everyone thinks!

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is pointed, and perhaps bicolor because it looks like she has some white on her muzzle covering the red. All pointed cats go back to the original Siamese, though there's no way to know how far back the Siamese heritage may be. And pointed bicolor is common in Ragdolls so she may have some Ragdoll heritage (again, no way to know how far back). Calling her a "Siamese mix" wouldn't be inaccurate, though the majority of her background is probably domestic shorthair.

She's a cutie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesskiki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. She’s just so different in personality from any other cat I’ve had, I suspected there might be at least a hint of Siamese or something in there! She’s such a little chatter.

Also thanks for explaining the background as well, I really appreciate it. She’s referred to as a Siamese mix at the vet so that’s good to know! Her siblings from the same litter are long haired, and all three are of slim build.

But her brother, from the litter prior, oh goodness he’s a funny looking guy. Let me see if I can find a picture.

Here’s Gizmo!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree she could have some Siamese in her! By the looks of that wedge-shaped head, it’s probably modern Siamese ancestry. She looks like a bicolor flame point in color. But, as Willowy said, her breed would be considered a Domestic Shorthair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bro must too be a flame point, even if his coat looks somewhat unusual.

I agree she is a bicolor too, with white in part covering the face and hiding parts of the usual masque.