FIV+ cat has had poor appetite since eating a fly

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Friday night my FIV+ cat Lee-Lee are a fly mid flight, swallowed it hole. He was fine that night and ate another can of food an hour later. However throughout Saturday and today, he's had a poor appetite not eating much of his cans of food and doesn't run off after his toys with the speedy outburst just being slightly less energetic than before (since getting his teeth pulled he's shown more energy than I've seen in a long time prior) he would before eating that fly. Is this a coincidence or is it related to eating that fly? I'd imagine it would not be good for him given how bacteria ridden they are and him having FIV

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, the only comparison I have is when Captain eats grasshoppers, his digestive system isn't quite right either, sometimes he'll even throw up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, the only comparison I have is when Captain eats grasshoppers, his digestive system isn't quite right either, sometimes he'll even throw up.
My cat acts like he is nauseous too, with a low appetite, not liking much fast movement (typically he darts really fast) and he eve heaved like he might throw up about 30 minutes ago