first time dealing with crystals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys.
It's really unfortunate that the vet couldn't get a urine sample from her, but it's what we're dealing with. The vet said she had 3-4 stones and debris in her bladder. She didn't exactly ask me which route I'd like to go, but since it's the much cheaper option it's what I would have done anyway.
I'll be talking to them tomorrow about the food. We may have to go dried despite the need for extra liquid. At least she seems more comfortable peeing right now... Mind you some of that is because she held it all day at the vets. And is starting to relax at home.
She does have two litter pans available right now, one is covered with blue buffalo walnuts in it and the other isn't covered and has odor buster in it. She is preferring the covered right now.
The pain management the vet gave me is metacam. I only have given her a dose the first night because she seemed more uncomfortable the next day.
You are absolutely right about cats having a hard time adjusting, especially females in my experience. I'll see if they have some calming stuff when i talk to them tomorrow. we've had some serious stress going on in the house lately and I'm sure it didn't help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone!

Dynah had her ultrasound done last week and the stones are gone!  The vet said her bladder is still irritated, so she's going to be on the S/O for another month and then moving onto a "maintenance" diet.  She said that it will keep her bladder at the right level to prevent more stones while being lower fat.

Of course the vet told me to push as much wet as possible...so I've increased the amount of that in their diet.  

YAY no surgery!