First hind leg issues, now mini-strokes?

mattb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long story short: At our 14 y/o cats (Bob) last vet visit in October our vet asked how he's been relative to movement and activity. I indicated that he has slowed down a bit, but the way you would expect a 14 y/o cat to slow down. However he still tears around the house, is able to jump up on the bed and couch with no issue. She had me try adequan, an injectable medication for joint pain and arthritis. I didn't think it was necessary but I thought "what the heck." He was on it for 2 months and when it ran out I did not refill it. About a week or two after it ran out you could visibly see that Bob was having issues with his hind legs - he could no longer jump up on the couch or the bed, was having a hard time getting up from laying down, and was moving noticeably slow. I'm not sure if the lack of adequan exposed him to pain he wasn't used to, or it was just perfect timing that his hind legs started going bad at the same time I stopped the medication. In any case, I refilled the adequan last Wednesday and gave him the shot that night. The next morning he was noticeably better and was up and about in the morning as usual, then I found him in one of our hallways moving very slow and seemingly disoriented. He cried a couple times and just wanted to be near my at all times. I looked up stroke symptoms and it mentions different sized pupils, seizures, rocking while walking, a head tilt, etc. He had none of those symptoms, just a little disoriented and walked very slowly and was not able to use the stairs. He was back to normal again after about 3 hours. He had another episode on new years even, then again last night. We have a vet visit set up for him on Friday, but I'm just reaching out to the group to see if anyone else has seen this in their cats just to prepare me for what I might be facing at the vet on Friday :-(.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When you called to make the Vet appointment, did you explain what was going on?  Did they not try to get you in sooner, or is that the soonest YOU can get there?  I honestly don't what it might be, but don't think I'd wait too long before getting him in.