First day

MysticPisces

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted Orion today from a shelter he’s 14 wks old. So far the first day has been great but I definitely forgot what it’s like to care for a young kitten. When we got home I opened the box he immediately came out and followed me around my apartment pretty much checking everything out while at the same time meowing as loud as he could at times it felt like we were playing a game of Marco Polo. I showed him where his litter box was and where his food and water dishes were I also showed him the toys I bought him and in return he showed me there was a small hole under my cabinets that he fit in and could disappear. Once I got him out of there I quickly had to revise my plan of letting him be able to walk the whole apartment to now he’s only allowed to be in my bedroom and all of his belongings had to be moved into my room. Turned out that was the right decision he immediately loosened up and quieted down. We took a nap together he ate his first meal 3hrs later and was around playing and climbing all over. Since no one at the shelter knew if he was potty trained I kept a close eye on him while silently hoping and praying he’d go to the litter box in the bathroom otherwise we’d both be screwed because I never litterbox trained a kitten in my life luckily for me he is potty trained. We both made it through this awesome hectic first day unscathed and happy we found each other. I’m sure our journey will be amazing and he’ll make sure to keep me on my toes at all times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MysticPisces

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m pretty sure we were destined to meet I’ve only had this kind of instant connection with 1 cat and that was my first cat.

Attachments