First Christmas Tree Accident

Conniew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi, hope you’re all okay!

Today my silly Marley managed to poke himself in the eye on the Christmas tree :( we’ve just got back from the vets and they can see the scratch, he’s got antibiotics. But how do I stop him rubbing it? He’s trying to clean it with his paws and he seems so distressed:( I’m worried he’ll make it worse.
Is there anything I can do for him or do I just need to invest in one of them cone collars ?

Thank you - here he is feeling sorry for himself

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd agree with cone time. It should only be needed for a few days until it stops itching. A paper plate with the middle cut out can make a great emergency cone until you can get a real one.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazon and pet stores have soft cones. Put soft e collar for cats in Amazon to look at some choices.

The temporary paper plate cone, and, dang, Kieka, you're smart to think of that, may be enough. he may be trying to wash off the vet smell. Then, again, it may be the cream itching.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Agreed - your cat needs to wear a cone until the eye heals. I'm surprised the vet didn't send you home with one. Most pet stores sell cones, both the hard plastic one and soft ones.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet may have forgotten to give you one, or thought the front desk staff gave it to you. Check your bill and see if you've already paid for it.