First can, not so good.

faranbrygo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I finally got some Hound and Gatos lamb for my little guy to try. I scooped it up out of the can and the underside of the pate was dark grey, with very dark greenish black spots. It looks like there was some form of air pocket at the bottom of the can.

Ugh.

Not  a good first impression, there. 

Into the garbage with it. 

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, @faranbrygo! I'm sorry to hear about your first try with Hound & Gatos... but I had the same thing happen when I opened a can the other night. There's usually some minor discoloration on the bottom of the food but this can had so many multicolored spots that it looked almost like it was moldy. I'd already had a problem with other food earlier in the day so dumped the H&G. Our cats love H&G lamb so I'm going to return the other can I have and try another from a different lot.

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I finally got some Hound and Gatos lamb for my little guy to try. I scooped it up out of the can and the underside of the pate was dark grey, with very dark greenish black spots. It looks like there was some form of air pocket at the bottom of the can.

Ugh.

Not  a good first impression, there. 

Into the garbage with it. 
Ugh, that sounds disgusting!  I would definitely contact the company and let them know about this.