Finicky Kitties Who Don't Like Being Combed

eggsavior

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all. I have 2 orange short-haired tabbies. 

As you can see, they have a bit of fluff in certain spots. For awhile I didn't mind them shedding, but I probably should have been more proactive because now it's gotten to a bothersome point. It's not that much of an issue for me, but my family members are complaining (especially my little sister). I used a square brush and a thin tooth comb. They didn't like either. They'd tolerate it for a second before slinking away. Neither of the brushes got much hair either, especially in such short amount of time. 

Does anyone have tips on how to groom kitties opposed to brushing? I might try the plastic Kong brush everyone likes next. 

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
None of my cats like being groomed. I've had more luck with a grooming mitten I got at my local pet store though because it feels like being pet to them. I had to sit with it on my hand for a few minutes until the cats approached me and started rubbing against it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eggsavior

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

None of my cats like being groomed. I've had more luck with a grooming mitten I got at my local pet store though because it feels like being pet to them. I had to sit with it on my hand for a few minutes until the cats approached me and started rubbing against it.
I've never heard of a grooming mitten, I'll have to try one. I think it might work. Thanks for the suggestion 

I'll update on how my cats respond once I get one!