Finially some good news...after a nasty 2 weeks...

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well Topaz isn't out of the woods yet, however he is doing better. He is eating small amounts. He has finished his meds. (he has/had and upper respiratory infection and we almost lost him) After that Athena had to have surgery to take out a cancerous tumor. She is doing well. Then Jade yesterday morning started having problems with her back legs. The vet gave her shot of pain killer in case it's arthritis. She also had to get her med's refilled  but won't be available until Thursday as they don't keep it on stock. This is what my last 2 weeks have been like. Horrible. The only one that's doing stellar is , Jasmine. Of course she is just 3 years old.

The expense aside, it's been an emotion roller coaster. I feel so drained. Thanks for your prayers on Topaz, I really think it helped.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
 I've been wondering how things were going. I'm glad Topaz is doing better, even if he's still having some problems. Better is better. Athena seems to be doing well, too, now that the operation is over and she's recuperating. You may remember that our Hydrox had a similar operation when he came down with breast cancer many years ago.

Kathy, if it is arthritis for Jade and if the pain killer will help her, you might want to try Dausuquin for Cats. This is a capsule that you empty out and sprinkle in their canned food. Our vet prescribed it for BooBoo quite a while ago as he has a bit of arthritis in his back legs, to the point where he was limping a bit. The Dausuquin capsules really did help him....he doesn't limp at all anymore. And we've now started to put it in Ms. Pepe's canned food, too, as she seems to have a bit of arthritis. Talk to your vet and see how she or he feels about it. I get it from Amazon as it's cheaper than buying it from our vet. The cats each get one capsule sprinkled in to their breakfast food. Oh, and just in case, another cat were to eat the food with the meds in it, it's OK. It won't harm the cat. Talk to your vet, just to be on the safe side.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about all of this. It can be really draining nursing anyone who is sick, so please make sure to take care of yourself. (It's like when you fly, they tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself first, right? Only then can you help others.)

Seems it's always more than one cat having troubles here, too, when it happens. And sometimes the "problem" turns out to be more than one issue, which complicates things even more! Sending prayers for Topez, and for all your kitties to be well or on the mend. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I've been wondering how things were going. I'm glad Topaz is doing better, even if he's still having some problems. Better is better. Athena seems to be doing well, too, now that the operation is over and she's recuperating. You may remember that our Hydrox had a similar operation when he came down with breast cancer many years ago.

Kathy, if it is arthritis for Jade and if the pain killer will help her, you might want to try Dausuquin for Cats. This is a capsule that you empty out and sprinkle in their canned food. Our vet prescribed it for BooBoo quite a while ago as he has a bit of arthritis in his back legs, to the point where he was limping a bit. The Dausuquin capsules really did help him....he doesn't limp at all anymore. And we've now started to put it in Ms. Pepe's canned food, too, as she seems to have a bit of arthritis. Talk to your vet and see how she or he feels about it. I get it from Amazon as it's cheaper than buying it from our vet. The cats each get one capsule sprinkled in to their breakfast food. Oh, and just in case, another cat were to eat the food with the meds in it, it's OK. It won't harm the cat. Talk to your vet, just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the info the drug Dausuquin. I'll have to talk to my vet on that one. This pain killer is suppose to last 3 days. That's exactly what Jade was doing. Her back legs were unstable. She was constantly crying and not for food either. She is doing much better. Just waiting for her prescription to come in for the IBW that she has, as they don't keep it in stock and had to order it special just for her. 

Thank you so much for your support.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

So sorry to hear about all of this. It can be really draining nursing anyone who is sick, so please make sure to take care of yourself. (It's like when you fly, they tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself first, right? Only then can you help others.)

Seems it's always more than one cat having troubles here, too, when it happens. And sometimes the "problem" turns out to be more than one issue, which complicates things even more! Sending prayers for Topez, and for all your kitties to be well or on the mend. 

Thank you SwamWitch for you prayers, I could sure use them. Yes, I am taking care of myself. I took a nice nap today in the Air Conditioning. It was hot as hell today, Whew!