fingers crossed!!!

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The last few weeks I´ve been feeding my cat venison only (home made raw) because we are unsure if her itching is only because of "spring-fever" (hyper personality and the spring.....). The itching has stopped, and the fur is starting to grow back! I contacted a food consultant to get help how to make sure that she will get all the nutrients needed during these weeks, since I can´t rely on the different nutrient profiles in different meats. 

But- today she managed to steal a tiny piece of minced lamb while I was repacking a big pack into smaller units. About a gram or so. So- now I hope that she will not start the itching again! Well- I´ll know in 24 hours..... Maybe this is her way of saying that she wants variety?? Thankfully it was only a tiny piece that was nicked. My plan was to start with lamb after the venison-weeks. 

But I´m amazed of the cost of an elimination diet - I´ve managed to buy raw bones, liver, meat and heart very cheap. So she is really fed a luxury diet! (raw hearts are very expensive and considered a real treat for humans, cooked or smoked). It is so easy to adapt, to change the proteins along the way. And much cheaper than canned versions of allergyfood. 

So keep your fingers crossed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No itching yet!