Finding A Forever Home For Fluffer

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We live on Long Island, New York. We have a feral cat colony in the woods behind our home. We've trapped and neutered all of these colony cats. Because they are feral (wild), most of these cats are untouchable, except for one cat who we call "Fluffer" (aka "Fluff" and "Fluffernutter"). Fluff is different. He appears to be a gentle soul, approximately 2-years old, and he is the friendliest of all the feral cats in the colony. We believe that Fluffer may not be an actual (born in the wild) feral and may instead be a stray cat (a cat who once had a human home but who got lost, or left behind). We would like to find Fluffer a "forever home" and we are looking for a special person who may want to adopt him.

Now I need to warn you: it will take quite a while for a stray cat to warm up to you. He'll eat but hide, play but not with you, sleep under the bed instead of on it. You will have to have a lot of patience because a home after being homeless, safety after living under constant threat, enough to eat after endless scrounging for food may be overwhelming for him. But with a little time and patience, we believe that Fluffer will come around and soon be a good companion.

Taming a feral or stray cat is not easy. Results are never guaranteed either: just how tame the cat will become differs from case to case. The process itself requires time and effort from a dedicated human. What's more, trapping and confinement - necessary for taming a feral or stray - are stressful for the cat. In many cases, the cat may never be entirely comfortable around people. Adopting a feral or stray cat should not be attempted by those with young children, and once again: this will take a lot of patience, a lot of love, and a lot of kindness.

After having said this we believe that Fluffer may be a special cat. He will rub up against us. He will let us pet him. We removed a tick from him, and he allowed us to put Advantage tick repellent on him. Fluffer waits by the back door to be fed and he tries to get into our house when we open the door. Fluffer responds to his name, and he comes when we call him. It must be made clear that it took 2-months of feeding Fluffer before he started exhibiting this behavior.

Unfortunately, as much as we love Fluffer, we already have 4 dogs and an adopted feral kitten (who we believe may be Fluffer's brother) and we simply cannot take in another animal. We would like to find a loving home for Fluffer. So if you're on Long Island and you're interested in adopting Fluffer please contact me by sending me a Private Message and we can talk about it.

Here's a picture of The Fluffer...

Fluffer.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would deliver Fluffer to the right person if they lived in New Jersey, Connecticut, or southern New York.
I understand that we’re not supposed to but topics but Fluffer is a special cat who needs a New Jersey, Connecticut, or southern New York home provided by a person who understands the special needs and requirements of fostering a stray/feral cat.

Is you’re such a person, please send me a Private Message and we’ll talk about ol’ FlufferNutter.

:thanks: