Finally Got My Catio Out!

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
CBF1F836-7200-4314-ACA3-7CF060BCCE62.jpeg
After months and months of researching, getting quotes etc this is what I came up with.

This entire project cost me about $120 (Canadian!). The structure itself is a freestanding closet- I was very limited and needed specific measurements to fit on my balcony and I just happened to stumble across this on amazon! It’s wrapped in extra strength bird netting and everything else is from Goodwill, ReStore and dollar store. Since it was a closet, I was able to order a cover for it as well.

So far it’s jungle cat approved!

I did not make this with plans of leaving her in this unattended. If that’s the case I would have used wire.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks great! What a great way to let your cats have some fresh air. I especially like the price and the innovation that you used in creating it - a nice inspiration for the rest of us.:salute:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I like the green carpet, short walls on the perimeter, and leopard print tunnel. If your cats like to bat hanging toys in your hand, I recommend tying some to the roof.

What is that thing connecting the top two platforms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
8EBF9DEE-D831-4A49-92C6-3093D07F3C64.jpeg
They are wood tiles from the dollar store! I did hang bells and mice from the top bar!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes. It’s a piece of what I’m assuming is closet shelving. It came from Goodwill ($1.00) and I really lucked out as it was a perfect fit. I cut the netting around that section and sealed it all the way around with zip ties. :)