Finally Found The Most Economical Quality Can Wet Food For My Kittens!!!

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After weeks of searching the net reviewing ratings, ingredients etc...I have chosen to start buying the Fancy Feast Kitten formula can food. It's 12 cans for $6.97 at Walmart! Anyone has had any good experience with this brand? I was feeding my babies freeze dry raw and pet store quality food, but after reviewing my finances, I've decided to cut down on the expenses.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Tuff has been on FF classic almost all his life. He will be 3 in April. No stomach upsets and beautiful shiny black coat. I rotate 5 flavors and he loves them all.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Check out Chewy.com. I always order from there and get good prices.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Tuffsmom, so you only just feed the cans not kibble? I no longer feed kibble.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BJs has cases of 36 FF cans for about $20. I'm not sure if they have the FF Kitten, though. I've only seen the FF Classic seafood variety.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always raise kittens on FF kitten food. I'd recommend getting the turkey kind instead of the fish kind, at least most of the time.

The classic Chicken Feast, Turkey and Giblets, and a few others are also pretty good, once you want to switch them from kitten food.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started giving my cat Ashton FF Classic Chicken after reading posts about FF Classic in this forum. She likes it more in the beginning and is okay about it now. But I've found that her poop tends to stink more than when I gave her higher quality food.

I think FF Classic is a very good choice (probably the best) among others in the same price range. But I switch it up with higher quality (more expensive) wet food from time to time.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes,I feed all wet at mealtime. Then 1 teaspoon Fromms dry as a bedtime snack.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was feeding only Fromms kibble for a while, but it was causing odorous active stool for both cats. As soon as I changed to Primal freeze dry and can food, it's not as bad.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Fancy Feast poultry & beef grilled . I don't know what's in there but my cats raise from the dead when I open a can !
Sometimes I mix it with Friskies for a kitty treat . :lovecat2:

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you go to websites on cat nutrition, they'll say it not good food choices, but we're not all millionaires lol

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go to websites on cat nutrition, they'll say it not good food choices, but we're not all millionaires lol
i feed the fancy feast in rotation with other wet foods for my cats. not to say there isn't a few things i wish they would leave out, like the color, but many of the expensive cat foods have a lot of things i wish they would leave out too. all the thickeners and fruits and veggies. Oh well we do the best we can, but i think ff, especially the classics, are a good food. maybe actually healthier than some of the high end brands that are way to high in carbs.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am noticing that my kittens poo is a little loose since feeding the Fancy Feast can Kitten food. I guess once they get use to it, it will be fine. They sure love eating it. I might sparingly feed them Primal on occasions because of the cost.

redcat57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So true, no millionaires at our house.
I also see multiple stories of cats on all the expensive food still developing urinary issues.
One of the cats we had growing up lived to 18 or 19 and all he ate was cheap kibble, and a small amount of the cheapest canned food.

chandler49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Tuff has been on FF classic almost all his life. He will be 3 in April. No stomach upsets and beautiful shiny black coat. I rotate 5 flavors and he loves them all.
What 5 flavors do you feed? Are they the Classic pate?

AL MO

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After weeks of searching the net reviewing ratings, ingredients etc...I have chosen to start buying the Fancy Feast Kitten formula can food. It's 12 cans for $6.97 at Walmart! Anyone has had any good experience with this brand? I was feeding my babies freeze dry raw and pet store quality food, but after reviewing my finances, I've decided to cut down on the expenses.

thanx for the tip, I've really been researching cat foods lately, and I've started feeding more canned food because of one with issues. I'm switching from dry to mostly can and my two have really resisted, Fancy feast appears to have many flavors with less carbs and is better priced than some and from what i have read HAS NEVER BEEN RECALLED. Mine actually like the Sheba shreds best, but i detest the little perfect portion plastic packages, so I am mixing in more pate which is less carbs.
They still prefer dry cat food and really resisted , but are coming around after 3 months of trial and error with brands.
I really wish Sheba brand had not discontinued the cans. what a pain. Sheba also has not been recalled ever from what i have read. still more surfing to do.
have a great day,
from a newbie explorer.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No millionaires here either! We do mostly Friskies canned food right now. It comes in bigger cans than FF but it does contain some rice and fish in almost every flavor. I grab FF if it is on sale but most of the time Friskies is much cheaper.
I buy the Poultry pate pack of Friskies... chicken&liver, turkey&giblets,poultry platter and mixed grill.... a month of food is only $15.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
No millionaires here either! We do mostly Friskies canned food right now. It comes in bigger cans than FF but it does contain some rice and fish in almost every flavor. I grab FF if it is on sale but most of the time Friskies is much cheaper.
I buy the Poultry pate pack of Friskies... chicken&liver, turkey&giblets,poultry platter and mixed grill.... a month of food is only $15.
I just tried Friskies because I thought the larger cans would be more economical than the small 3 oz cans for two cats. But my Luna has only ever been on grain free food her whole life and I think the rice in it gave her diarrhea. There is poop all over the house now. Artemis has only ever eaten cheap grocery store kibble so he was fine with it.

I'm still wondering with two cats eating mostly all wet, if it's still cheaper to buy FF.

AL MO

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i like larger cans myself, but for now, I'm using the smaller until i get my two changed from dry to wet. I never knew cats can be addicted to dry food. Banita is doing so much better on the wet food. I just have to ignore them at times begging for the dry. I guess its a good thing I am at work for hours so I don't have to feel so guilty. I'm leaning to FF if I can get them to eat more of it.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just tried Friskies because I thought the larger cans would be more economical than the small 3 oz cans for two cats. But my Luna has only ever been on grain free food her whole life and I think the rice in it gave her diarrhea. There is poop all over the house now. Artemis has only ever eaten cheap grocery store kibble so he was fine with it.

I'm still wondering with two cats eating mostly all wet, if it's still cheaper to buy FF.
Sorry your kitty reacted that way! Molly was on cheap kibble for almost 10 years so she has no problem with the rice.