Filtered Fountains

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I believe I have used that one.Last year I would bring my jug and refill it from a big tub in the store. It was cheap, but lugging that was too much for my back(recent stenosis procedures
).I am afraid lugging just up my apartment stairs is enough for me to endure. i also wanted something with added odor control

Sadly I can't download a pic for you.

It's called ....great choice, 4 in 1 performance clumping multi cat clay cat litter. You can buy it scented. I find the litter box has virtually no odor....and I am sensitive to the smell.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do get slimy fairly quickly. I am also not a fan of any that are plastic. The flower ones especialy have narrow paths the dishwasher can't reach.

Dishwasher is best for things that can harbor bacteria because they get fairly hot. Would not reccomend putting the pumps in there though.

Speaking of pumps, they don't do well with hard water. Soaking with clr is how i do the outdoor fountain pump but would not recommend for a drinking fountain. Not sure clr is safe for cats.

Many are splashy or the spout is too high. I think I have only seen a couple that just bubble gently from the base up.
I had a ceramic petswell pagoda… that was the best one I ever had. I cleaned it with vinegar and water. No dishwasher. I think they said not to do that.

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Help! At night my cat is sticking her paws into the water and washing her face. The result is grungy drinking water with kitty litter all down the bottom!
Last year I bought a lovely filtered fountain, but I can't get her to drink from it even if the water is still. Would it be cruel to withdraw all water bowls around the house, thus forcing her to go to the fountain when she is ultra thirsty? Keep in mind she is 'renal'.
We've used a fountain for 11 yrs with no issues. It's the only water source they have other than an occasional "spring" in the bathtub.