Fighting for her

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where to put this. Dynah was diagnosed with asthma a couple of months ago. Vet says today to keep her on her oral steroids for another 5 days and hopefully we can add a puffer next week.
She says given her resistance to the steroids she may have scar tissue in her lungs, and despite her being otherwise happy and thriving, we will need to talk about end of life if these meds don't work.
It's so hard to fight for a cat that may not make it, and so hard to consider saying goodbye to a cat that is clearly feeling much better (but isn't breathing well)

Just sad.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so very sorry that you and Dynah are going through this.

I've found that something like this can help when making those hard choices...it takes some of the emotion out of it, and allows you to more clearly assess where you are.
The Feline Quality of Life Scale Helps You Determine If It’s Time to Say Goodbye to Your Cat - Catster

This is not the only scale out there, simply the one I am most familiar with.

Regardless, you are not alone in this. We are here, we care. We will walk this road with you, hoping for a wonderful outcome, but prepared to be there for you if there is not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry that you and Dynah are going through this.

I've found that something like this can help when making those hard choices...it takes some of the emotion out of it, and allows you to more clearly assess where you are.
The Feline Quality of Life Scale Helps You Determine If It’s Time to Say Goodbye to Your Cat - Catster

This is not the only scale out there, simply the one I am most familiar with.

Regardless, you are not alone in this. We are here, we care. We will walk this road with you, hoping for a wonderful outcome, but prepared to be there for you if there is not.
This link was really helpful. Thank you for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With a broken heart I am here to let people know that I released dynah from her pain yesterday morning. The shots were wearing off, but the oral steroids were still high and she was declining fast.
I'm sure her brother was there to meet her and that she's breathing well now. The staff were great and she went quickly and quietly surrounded by love.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry! Poor Dynah, and poor you! But you saved her from a very painful and frightening death. It was a hard decision for you, but there was no alternative. Her suffering has ended.
She had a good life with you. So sorry it had to end this way. 😢

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My deepest regrets and heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the loss of Dynah. :hugs: May she rest in peace and join her brother at the Bridge where they can both be free of pain. RIP sweet angel. :angel:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
sylorna sylorna the team at TCS are so very sorry for your loss.:rbheart: It was a kindness to release her from pain.
We lock threads where a cat has passed, out of respect. You may like to start a thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum in her honour.

.................................................................RIP Dynah
.................................................................:greenpaw: :butterfly::rbheart::purplebutterfly: :bluepaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.