Fic What To Do

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So we found out Freya may have FIC, and it's pretty easy to see her flare ups when they happen and figure out why they happen. It could be anything from us not cleaning the litter box as often as she would like us to, to even being upset we're traveling or moved to another room temporarily as we had to have the room cleaned by room service.(Whitney Peaks Hotel is 100% pet friendly, gave us a "kitty" bag for Freya when we came in). We're keeping her stress as low as we can for right now, she always has access to her water fountain, wet and dry food, and her litter box, and we're keeping it as clean as possible for right now. I'm also playing with her as often as I can. Is there anything else we should do? I know that putting her on a kitty pain killer may help? I really don't want to give her up or put her down, she's my best friend.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
did a vet told you about FIC...you assumed she had it
Could it be a possibility to find siblings to adopt her?

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Here is an article on FIC that may have some additional things to help her Feline Idiopathic Cystitis - How To Improve Your Cat's Quality Of Life

Is your currently lifestyle going to be the way it always is, or is staying in a hotel just temporary? Cats really do like a structured environment, especially if they are particularly nervous, which Freya may be if she is showing these health issues :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is an article on FIC that may have some additional things to help her Feline Idiopathic Cystitis - How To Improve Your Cat's Quality Of Life

Is your currently lifestyle going to be the way it always is, or is staying in a hotel just temporary? Cats really do like a structured environment, especially if they are particularly nervous, which Freya may be if she is showing these health issues :sigh:
It's just temporary, once we move into a house she won't do any more moving since we're looking to actually buy a house, so hopefully she won't get any more stressed out.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you considered getting some feliway diffusers and running them to help lower her stress level?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you considered getting some feliway diffusers and running them to help lower her stress level?
We do have those actually, we spray the room now and then, mom hasn't plugged in the diffuser yet cause it gives me a migraine if it's run for too long.