Fho Post-op Care

Cramsmith

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,
So our 18mon old cat Tyler, is currently undergoing FHO surgery. And we were told by the surgeon that he has to confined to the FLOOR for 2 MONTHS, so no jumping at all.

Does anyone have experience FHO post-op care and with confining your cats to the floor? The surgeon suggested an upside down playpen, clearing out a room, dog crate etc.

So I have ideas on how to proceed just want to hear about other peoples experiences.

Thank you.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd stick with a large dog kennel or pet playpen for confinement (assuming the cleared room isn't an option). An upside down play pen has too much potential for disaster.... But I have a cat who can break or pick apart anything. I could see Link collapsing a side or tipping it or something.

Confinement isn't as bad as you may think. It sucks for sure. But cats adapt amazingly to it.

We kept Links kennel as clean as possible by cleaning the litter box after every use and fully cleaning his area once a day. When cleaning, we put him in a carrier and many times he'd not want back in the kennel. So we'd let him stay in the carrier and carry him around. He'd yell and tell us when he was ready to go back in the kennel.

In your case, since it is mostly vertical movement limited you can keep him in the confined area when gone and let him in the room when you can supervise.