Ff False Alarm ... ;(

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I checked the BB date when Vega turned her nose up this morning. It was a Jan 2020 can, FF turkey and giblets pate (I'm in Canada). I put some Orijen dry on her plate as well. That's her treats. She negotiates with me sometimes by not eating wet food until she gets some dry. She came and finished dry but didn't touch the wet. Thinking about recently reported problem (Fancy Feast Problems), I thought the second boot finally dropped on my floor. I went though all her FF cans and put the 2020 cans aside. As soon as I opened another can, BB 2019, I heard Vega's eating from my back.:fuming:Naughty girl!:cloudy:
Vega is picky. She only accept <5 wet varieties. I don't want her go back to dry like when she did in shelter. I asked sample of EZcomplete online. Hope she would like it. In that way, she would enjoy steak with me even if something happened to her wet.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol...if i had a can of food for every time my guys acted like they hate what i put down, so i open another can of something, and then they eat the first one... :dizzy:

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just FYI- FF on sale this weekend only at PetSmart for 50c a can. Canadian PetSmart of course :)

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to make a sound like a can popping and the lid peeling back with my mouth- it really sounded like the can. The pop part involved extending my lower jaw and opening my mouth just to make a small hold and then smacking my tongue via suction to bottom of the palette. The peeling sound was easy. Teeth apart slightly suck air through them as you draw your mouth muscles back- it looks a bit like dog faces when they have their heads out the car window and their lips are blowing back.

This trick was amazingly helpful when my cat ran out of my apartment down the hall, through reception and bolted through the entry door to the private access quad. We had a rear patio into the quad so I just opened the door made the noise and she came right back! Meanwhile my husband and houseguests were running around through the building and quad trying to catch her.