Fever And Pneumonia

whits_end

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!

If you've read my other thread, you know that my new furbaby, Tyrion, came to me a week ago, recovering from worms that nearly killed him. He's been recovering well from that and gaining weight, though he still has litter box issues.

Last night, though, he started sneezing and his nose was all crusty, so today I took him to the vet. He has a fever of 103.5 and pneumonia!

I have antibiotics for him, and he's eating well (both wet and dry food) and drinking water. Is there any other advice you all can give me to make sure he gets better asap? Thanks in advance!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Tyrion. He's really been through it the last few weeks. You might want to put a probiotic in his wet food given that he's on antibiotics. Antibiotics usually equal diarrhea in kitties. I sure hope he feels better soon.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my goodness. That little one can't seem to catch a break :frown:.

I agree that probiotics would be good since he's on antibiotics, just don't give them at the same time of day or the antibiotics won't be as effective. As to other things to do, just watch his appetite and if it eases up, maybe try to put him in a steamy bathroom and also try warming up the stinkiest food you can find for him. Those two things usually do the trick. Of course, don't bathe him during his recovery, because you'll want to make sure he stays nice and warm and not get any chills. Other than that just follow your Vet's orders and hopefully he'll have a quick recovery.