Fever And More - Please Help!

Fuzzballpapa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, hopefully it's cool with everyone that I ask for a little help but I need some opinions from those that have experience with sick cats. I have four rescues that I love dearly and I am heavily involved in the cat rescue community in my town.

Ok so my cat Trygrr (Tree-ger) is a 5 yr old neutered male. Maybe two years ago or so he had a bout with something that ended up going away after they injected him with fluids and a cycle of antibiotics but that's the only health issue he's had before this.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, he was depressed, he was shedding, sleeping in places away from the other cats and he had a fever of 104.9. I took him to my vet and he gave him a shot of rheumocam and put him on an anti-inflammatory called onsior for 6 days because his pads were swollen and antibiotic called aventiclav at 2 a day for two weeks but I will admit, I forgot a few of those pills nearing the end of the cycle. He perked up amazingly well after only a day or two after being at the vet and everything seemed fine until today when he started showing symptoms again and his fever spiked up to near 105 again. He has been tested for a variety of things and was negative for diabetes, his snap test was all negative and his blood tests showed good function in his organs etc.

I am making him an appointment asap and I hope they will get us in quick but I am frustrated because his symptoms are back. Is there anyone in here that have dealt with similar experiences? If so, what were the causes of the problems in your cases and what fixed the problems. What were the medications that were effective or ineffective and so on.

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can help me out because Trygrr means the whole world to me

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you're going through this with your kitty. I wish I had experience with something like this, but I don't. I would definitely ask for bloodwork and maybe x-rays just to rule out something that would show on either of those.

tvet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You may have to get him another prescription but try and give him all of it. I have learned, the hard way, that if you don't give it all, it has a better chance of coming back. I hope your kitty is ok. Good luck.