Feriway? Does it work for more than Pee?

zazusdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay guys, we've read some info on this from the vet's office and a few threads...but we just wanted to know if there was any personal experience with this product. It seems that it is mainly designed for peeing, but we are curious if there are any negative side effects & if so, what are they?
Our kitties do not have a problem with peeing, we have a concern with living on a second floor apartment and the kitties are always running amuck and they sound like a herd of elephants
or the track at the Daytona 500
...so can anyone give us the scoop? Both of our kitties are males that have been neutered...we know that they are just kittens and as kittens...it's all about the energy
we understand that cats are noctural by natural, but we worry about our neighbors downstairs and we've heard that Feriway has helped with this sort of thing. Mainly though...we want to make sure that it will not harm the kitties in any way.
Appreciate all your info!

siamese_jen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feliway??? Is that what you mean?? I found it works for some behavior probs too. The difuser calmed my lot down while Gilbert was being introduced.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feliway is a hormone diffuser/spray that releases cat hormones into the atmosphere that they can smell and we can't. It is usually used for shaping undesirable/worrisome behaviours. It helps with many things, and most predominantly is used as you mentioned for troublesome peeing, but also to calm jittery, highly strung or nervous cats. The pheromones it releases have a calming and soothing effect on cats.

I don't know that it will work on normal kitty play, but I use it to help destress my kitties after we got the dogs and it's great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zazusdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

my Cedar is an extremley stressed out kitty and unfortunatly feliway did not help him to calm him down at all
Is this because you may have not had The right amount of diffusers for the area of you home or because there is a percentage of cats that are not effected by the product?