Feral/stray in our area

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Hi, for about 3 months now there has been a cat coming in our garden, front and back and also all the other neighbours, he is a big boy, very scruffy looking, very skittish and no way approchable, always hear him fighting with the neighbours cats and he also breaks into any bin bags or open bins. He I would say is feral/stray, he is covered in old scars on his face and ears, his fur looks dirty and unkept and he is definitey a tom cat. Not brill on cat age but would say middle aged but then again I suppose it is hard to tell with ferals he could be a whole lot younger. I want to find an organisation that does TNR in out area, he doesn't look underfed so obviously takes care of himself, hubby won't really let me get involved but I do feel for this kitty so would like to contact someone who may be able to help him.x

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, the poor boy! I encourage you to find someone who can get him trapped, neutered, vetted and then fed and sheltered. He deserves at least that . . .

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW sounds like he needs someone to at least get him trapped and neutered... I hope you can find a TNR organization but they will require you to do the trapping. Unless you call animal control... :sniffle: Then the outcome would not be good, I am sure. They would come and set traps to catch this cat and most likely he would be euthanized. He sounds older and definitely a feral tomcat. It would take an effort on your part to trap him, get him into the organization for sterilization and then release him back outside and feed him if he sticks around. Poor old guy.... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

iris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unneutered males have a terrible life..they have to defend their territories and they fight and breed. It is much better for this cat and all the neighborhood cats if he is neutered. He will stop fighting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to contact the rescue where I got Angel from they are a small organisation and would never see a healthy cat put to sleep, I think that they might be able to help, like I said he is quite a big boy so he obviously manages to feed himself.Thanks for your replies.x

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like a good plan, Ruthy! Finger's crossed that they agree :cross: and then at the very least this tomcat will be neutered !! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have emailed just waiting for a reply, fingers totally crossed for this boy.x

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Ruthy, I hope you can find someone to TNR this boy! If the organisation can't do the trapping... maybe they know someone who can? Or maybe one of the neighbors would be willing to do it? The neighborhood kitties will be so much safer when this boy's neutered. :nod:

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :cross: :cross: :cross: Good luck, and keep us posted!