Feral Russian Blue?

keeneland

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a new feral eating here that appears to be Russian Blue but eyes appear more yellow than blue. Not very vocal at all and skittish enough till it will be a long term project. Could it be purebred with yellow eyes? If so I might be able to get it to adopted out easier if it comes around.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We have a new feral eating here that appears to be Russian Blue but eyes appear more yellow than blue. Not very vocal at all and skittish enough till it will be a long term project. Could it be purebred with yellow eyes? If so I might be able to get it to adopted out easier if it comes around.
Do you have a couple ofgood pics? Eyes should be green, but not all rb have good green. Our resident, ex stud, is grandious but his eyes are barely greenish.

But yeah if he is a decent look alike it will be easier to adopt out. Even if you call him for a mix.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keeneland

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply! I Googled this after I posted and found one lady that had 2 Russian Blues with paperwork, one with a small white mark on chest and yellow eyes. Per what she said it just mixes them from being show cats but they can still be purebred. I haven't any pictures of this cat as it generally shows at night. Our local humane society gives preference to long hair cats and purebred as they can adopt them easier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keeneland

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That should have been Nix's